Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some news in 2012...

I certainly am a slack blogger! Another year has passed with little to show for it blog wise.
It's been a busy term seeing me go back to work albeit part time, after at least a decade! A new baby boy has joined our extended family - Lachlan Craig was born on 10th March, 2012 to Anita and Craig. He is growing fast and beginning to sleep for long stretches during the night, which pleases especially his mum. Our grandchildren are giving us much joy especially seeing Jesse and Shontelle came to stay with us for a few days during this Easter  break. We had fun going to the pool, seeing the movie The Lorax, and climbing Wild Horse mountain on the way back to the Sunshine Coast.
We spent a few days at Marcoola for a good earned rest. I realise that I'm not as young as I used to be and going back to work has affected me more than I thought! I've also taken up swimming laps again, averaging 1.5 kms (30 x 50mtr laps) each day, as well as 300mtrs water resistance walking. By the time I've showered, dressed and driven home I'm ready for a cuppa and a nanna nap, ready to go back to work at 2.30pm! :-)
Ross celebrated his 67th birthday, so for 6 months I'm younger than him. Quite a nice feeling...:-))
Life is good even as we approach the next big age milestone, but not to focus on that but to be aware that time doesn't wait and we need to take every opportunity to seize the day, enjoy every moment we can.

No comments: